Clarification on the certification of translation of documents

The absence of legalization of a foreign document cannot be a reason for refusing to certify its translation.

At the same time kindly pay attention to the fact that in order to use a document drawn up with the participation of officials of competent authorities of a foreign state or issued by them in the Russian Federation, the certification of translation may not be sufficient, and the document can be rejected in cases where the requirement of legalization of the document is set by the law.


From January 1, 2016 the Russian Federation partially suspends the application of the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Turkey on the terms of mutual trips of citizens of the Russian Federation and citizens of the Republic of Turkey of  May 12, 2010 in the part regarding citizens of the Republic of Turkey who are holders of ordinary passports.

Effectively from this date, above mentioned persons will have to get Russian visa in one of the Diplomatic missions or Consular institutions of the Russian Federation in accordance with Russian legislation.

For details, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy.


Migration card


In accordance with the Government of the Russian Federation Decree N 413 of August 16, 2004, "On Migration Card" when entering Russia, a foreign citizen is obliged to receive and fill out a Migration Card and present it to the official of the border control authority who, if the information entered in the migration card is consistent with the information contained in his visa and passport, puts in the Migration Card a mark on entry to the Russian Federation.

Migration Card forms are issued to foreign citizens upon entry to Russia free of charge by officials of border control agencies or representatives of organizations providing transport services to foreigners visiting Russia.

The Migration Card is kept by a foreign citizen during the whole period of his/her stay in Russia and it is submitted together with other documents for registration at the place of his/her stay in Russia.

In the event of damage or loss of the Migration Card, a foreign citizen must within 3 days notify the territorial office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the place of his/her stay. Once a foreign citizen submitted documents on the basis of which he entered Russia, he is issued a duplicate of the Migration Card for free.

When leaving Russia, a foreign citizen must return his/her Migration Card to an official of the border agency at the checkpoint of the Russian state border.